Sports Massage is a great way to help keep you in optimum shape. Whether you are involved in sports or not, a sports massage can help prevent injury and also help recovery. Managing the soft tissues of the body by hands on treatment and a stretching programme to help rehabilitation, your muscles, tendons and ligaments can all be kept in really good shape. Many clients who suffer from injuries from sport, work or lifestyle or postural problems benefit from sports massage
Sports massage prevents injury – by keeping muscles supple and free from tension, knots and adhesions and helping to keep muscle groups balanced
- Helps optimize performance ,
- Helps keep body supple and maintain best range of movement
- After exercise, Exercise and stretch tight, weak and atrophied muscles
- reduces recovery time after exercise
- Offer effective rehabilitation after injury
- Reduce spasms and cramps
Uses range of massage and advanced soft tissue techniques set within a framework of assessment and rehabilitation procedures. As well as dealing effectively with a variety of musculoskeletal problems this can also be used to help in recovery and reduce the symptoms in many medical conditions too.
- Relieve tired and aching muscles
- Improve posture and general body awareness
- Aid rehabilitation after an injury, accident or operation
- Enhance the immune system
- Lead to mental relaxation through physical relaxation of the soft tissues Break down of scar tissue after injury
Deep Tissue Massage is a massage technique that works on the deeper muscles which lie underneath the superficial layers of muscle tissue. With a specific set of techniques and strokes, the areas of muscles which are tight and needing repair can be released with a slow stroke carried out by the therapist. In this way the condition of the fascia, muscles, tendons and ligaments can be improved along with an improved blood supply. Areas of scar tissue can be reduced and eliminated, with a slow massage stroke which often works across the direction of the muscle fibres.
Manual lymphatic drainage is a type of very gentle massage, encouraging the natural drainage of lymph from the tissue space. Manual lymphatic drainage uses very little pressure, is very gentle and uses flowin, rhythmic movements in order to stiulate the flow of lymph. Lymphatic drainage helps the body to detoxify and lessen swellings or water retention that may occur. It is often used to reduce post-operation adhesions and swellings.
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow
- Lessen swelling
- Reduce post – operation adhesions and swelling
- Helps to detoxify tissues
- Reduces complications from lymphedema
- Deeply relaxing, reduces hypertension
- Analgesic effect of pain response
If you are living in or around Kingston Upon Thames, New Malden, Hampton Wick, Teddington, Richmond, Raynes Park, or surrouding areas, I can come to your house to give you a treatment and save you the hastle of travelling to the clinic.
A home visit treatment will cost an extra £5-£10 per visit (i can do two or more treatments when I am there).
Swedish Massage uses a variety of stroking, kneading, pressure and flowing movements over the body to treat and prevent a huge variety of complaints, or can simply be used for deep relaxation. It uses oils and is very enjoyable.
- Improve blood circulation
- Promotes healthy skin
- Emotionally balancing – lessening depression and anxiety
- Increase joint flexibility
- Improve circulation of oxygen around tissues
- Release endorphins – amino acids that work as the bodies natural pain-killer
- Promote tissue healing – reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage is a treatment which uses basalt stones which have been heated in a water heater. The heat gently penetrates the skin and muscles, helping the muscles to relax in a way which is very enjoyable. Essential oils can also be used along with the stones, and other techniques like lymphatic drainage or reflexology can also benefit from hot stone massage.